Assignment 1: Ten Critical Steps for Risk Managers Review the “Ten Critical Steps for Risk Managers” located in Chapter 3. Then, go to the Political Risk Insurance (PRI) Center Website, located at http://www.pri-center.com/country/index.cfm , and select a country that interests you in terms of political risk. Lastly, using the ten (10) critical steps as your guideline, analyze the country you selected. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Explain how you would apply the ten (10) critical steps for risk managers to prevent losses in this country.
- Recommend the action steps you would take to begin an import / export relationship within this country.
- Please include the following: a Introduction page, Write out each question (1 & 2) then followed by your answers of specific support details, Conclusion page , Reference pagewith 3 separate qualified references.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assess the purchasing and risk management skill sets required for international trade environments.
- Evaluate the risk exposure associated with import / export operations and determine the best way to manage those risks.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in exporting and importing.
- Write clearly and concisely about exporting and importing using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.