1. Jamie and Paul just had a baby girl — Susan. They want her to grow up tall, healthy, strong, and rich. They are interested in her becoming an athlete in hopes that she will receive an athletic scholarship to college and pursue a lucrative athletic career. They do not necessarily care about the area she excels in, but they want her to excel athletically at something. They are willing to do anything to promote the physical and motor development of their child throughout her childhood to sustain her physical and motor growth in a healthy way. While you do not necessarily approve of what Jamie and Paul are doing, you know they will listen to your advice about doing what they want to do safely and not the more dangerous advice of other, less informed friends of theirs. What do you say to them about promoting healthy physical and motor growth and athletic skill in childhood?
2. What is infantile amnesia and what theories have been proposed to account for it? What does research evidence reveal concerning these theories?
3. “The environment” can be an important developmental force. In Developmental Psychology, what kinds of things do we need to keep in mind when we talk about “the environment”? Provide an example of each “segment” of the microcosm and why it can effect the individual.
4. What is emotional regulation? What are the advantages of having emotional regulation? How would you advise a parent to help their child develop emotional competence?
5. What is temperament? Why is it important? How does it effect following stages of development? How does “Goodness of Fit” effect this development?
6. What is attachment? How does it emerge? What are the basic patterns of attachment? What are the factors that influence its development? How would the various types of attachment impact an individual in the stage of early childhood? Middle childhood? Adolescence?
7. How important is having a secure attachment to your mother? Why? How would secure attachment impact your adult relationships?
8. What is self-esteem? What are the good and bad aspects of having high self-esteem? How would self-esteem effect your relationships with others?
9. What are the 4 identity statuses? Which one are you in? What are the family and cultural influences that contributed to your identity status? How do you believe this will impact your next stage?
10. Discuss the role of genes, parents, peers and culture in 2 of the domains of development (growth and physical development; health; cognitive development; socioemotional development; moral development; and, the social contexts) through Adolescence. Provide examples of how each of Erikson’s and Piaget’s Stages are effected
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality