Visit the following website CDC: Vaccine & Immunizations
Answer the following questions:
- How do you feel about parents who choose not to immunize their children?
- Is it a parental right to make such decisions?
- Does the government have the right to mandate appropriate immunization standards?
- How have childhood diseases changed with immunizations?Choose one type of violence to investigate, and write a brief description of current U.S. trends. Use the following sites:
Answer the following questions:
- What type of violence did you research?
- How common is this type of violence?
- What are the typical characteristics of perpetrators and victims?
- Is this type of violence increasing or decreasing?
- What are some of the risk factors associated with it?
Choose one type of cancer to research. Visit one (or more) of the following websites:
Use the information from the website to answer the following questions:
- What type of cancer did you research?
- Are there ways to prevent this type of cancer?
- What are the treatment options?
4. What demographics are most susceptible to this type of cancer
Visit one (or more) of the following websites:
Answer the following questions in a Word document:
- Find information on STI prevention and safer sex. Look for strategies for talking with a sex partner, saying no to sex or drugs, or using a condom correctly.
- Find information about a recent development or advance in HIV incidence, treatment, prevention, or testing. Look for a site with news posted within the past month.
- What other appropriate information is included in the website?
Answer the following question with information from the chapter and this website:
“You come upon a friend who has been drinking heavily and appears to be ‘sleeping it off.’ Describe in detail what steps you should take to keep your friend safe. In addition, list at least three factors that would indicate that your friend might need immediate medical assistance.”
Provide your answer in a Word document. Include research and citations. Make sure the assignment complies with APA formatting guidelines including proper grammar and spelling. Make sure your name is at the top of the assignment.
Choose a print ad (or commercial) for some type of tobacco product and answer the following questions:
- What is the verbal message of the ad? What does it say exactly? Are there direct references to the product?
- Are certain words given unique treatment–larger or special type or a different color? Are there any plays on words or puns? how do these affect the message of the ad?
- Are there any special offers or bargains such as savings coupons or merchandise offers?
- How is the mandatory health warning handled in the ad?
- What is the visual message of the ad? What images and symbols does it convey?
- Is a famous person being used to sell the product? If so, how does this influence the effect the ad has on you?
- How is sexuality portrayed? Is sexuality being used in any way to sell the product?
- What is left unsaid by the ad? Will using the product transform a tobacco user’s life in the ways the ad suggests? What effects aren’t portrayed in the ad?